Do you remember eating the giant sweet tarts as a kid?
All the sugar.
All the sour.
All the yum.
How would you feel about an adult version? A giant sweet tart that gives you a nice energy boost?
Glukos energy tabs do just that. I use them before an evening run or weight lifting session, after a long, tiring day at work. The tabs give you a good energy boost fairly quickly but it is subtle. There’s no jolt. No shaking. Just a quick boost. I also haven’t had a crash from Glukos energy tabs. I usually end up feeling just as good at the end of a run or weight lifting session, if not better.
- Easily dissolves in mouth
- Easy to chew
- Good flavor
- I had fruit punch and it was a bit on the tart side, which I love. If you aren’t a huge tart person it might deter you
- Local company
- They are based in Scottsdale, Arizona.
- Gluten free
- Wouldn’t dissolve in water
- The package claims you can dissolve it in water. I tried. I waited about 5 minutes and nothing. I chewed it instead. I use Nuun a lot, which starts dissolving immediately and only takes about a minute.
- Not enough of an energy boost to use first thing in the morning
- I need more to get me going. Maybe this would be better for others.
I really wish the tabs would have dissolved in water. I would have loved to taste it as a drink. The tabs come in fruit punch, orange, and lemon. I was given the fruit punch to try.
Bottom line: I will continue to use the Glukos energy tabs I have and will purchase them when I’m out. I think the flavor is on point and I like the energy it gives me.
They do offer an energy powder as well and I will give that a try as well.
If you have run a Rock N Roll event you have probably used or at least seen Glukos. Glukos gels and gummies are available on the course.
I will be reviewing additional Glukos products as I gear up and train for my first marathon. I am currently in what I am calling “pre-training” (basically getting myself back on a workout schedule) and will be officially in training on August 29th. EEK!
I was given the Glukos products by my local running store, Fleet Feet Scottsdale to review. Everything in this review is my opinion. If I didn’t like the product I would tell you.
What is your favorite pre-workout energy product? Let me know in the comments.
Are you following me on Instagram? Be sure to head over and follow to see my journey to my very first marathon!