What do you do when you are having a bad day? How do you change your attitude to make it a good one?
Here are my top five ways to get me on the path to happy?
- Take a few deep breaths – sometimes taking a minute or two to just breathe can help to clear your mind and put you into the right frame of mind.
- Take a walk – for when a few deep breaths just aren’t cutting it. A walk puts you out in nature and doing something physical. I always take at least one 15 minute walk break at work, even if I am busy. It helps me get center again and step away from whatever issue is frustrating me at the moment.
- Yoga – who doesn’t love getting all bendy to clear your mind? I do all my meditation during yoga. I try to not think and just do. And I always try to challenge my body, push myself a bit further.
- Intense cardio – typically I run but every now and then I need a good boxing or fight workout. Either way I am taking out my aggression and upping my endorphins. It’s a win-win.
- Read – I love reading. It relaxes me. I will pick up a book to transport me to a different world or if I want something mindless, a magazine. After work I like to read magazines because my brain is tired and magazines are easier to process. Reading helps me forget about what else has been going on.
I could probably think of a few more things (and not all of them the healthiest!) but for me these are the best and surest ways to get me back on the right path. What do you do to changed a bad day to good?