The last Wednesday in September is Women’s Health and Fitness day.
Women’s health and fitness day is all about raising awareness of women’s health issues and encouraging women to take control of their health and fitness. And health covers both our minds and bodies. We gotta make sure we are taking care of ourselves from the top of our heads, to the tips of our toes!
Here are ten ideas to celebrate Women’s Health and Fitness Day!
- Try a new activity! Is there something you’ve always wanted to try? Now is the time to give it a shot! If it requires some planning or purchases, start making your plans today!
- Take a moment for your mental health and meditate. Or write down three things you are grateful for today.
- Meet up with a friend or two for a hike at a local park (or even a walk through the neighborhood).
- Schedule any health appointments you haven’t had in a while such as your annual checkup or the dermatologist to check your moles. Whatever appointments you need to get on the calendar!
- Get yourself a massage.
- Make a healthy meal. Whatever that means to you.
- Make sure you drink your water!
- Learn about health issues for women and how you can take care of yourself. Or learn about your family health history. Do you need to update your doctor on any health changes in your family? Make notes for your next appointment.
- Check-in with yourself. What else do you need? Water? Fruit? A walk? Maybe a journaling session?
- Practice good sleep hygiene. Lower the temperature, put on new sheets, find your most comfy PJs, and go to bed at the right time to get all the sleep you need.
How will you celebrate Women’s Health and Fitness day?
Want more health and fitness? Head over to Instagram and give a follow!