Racing is a huge part of my life, even though I am not fast. I believe everyone should do a race at least once.
I have done a lot of races over the years and one of my favorites continues to be the Kiss Me I’m Irish 4K, 8k or 17K which takes place every March at Westgate in Glendale, Arizona. I am a very small percentage Irish but this race is for everyone, Irish or not! Why not make this your first race?
I usually do the 8K but this year I decided to give the 17K a try. I would love for you to join me and see why this is my favorite race. Here are the Top 5 Reasons to run Kiss Me I’m Irish.
- The Course – The race starts and ends at Westgate. You run through the parking lot and head over to 91st Avenue. You run along 91st Ave a bit before hopping on the canal trail. You go out and back on the canal and then run past Cardinals (University of Phoenix) Stadium and back to Westgate to finish. It’s the best of the west side.
- The medal – You get a medal. That’s awesome but what’s even better is the medal is a bottle opener and a magnet! You can show off your awesomeness on your fridge and whenever you need to assist someone in opening a bottle of beer.
- The After Party – Green beer and mini bundt cakes… what else could you want? Unfortunately, I can no longer partake in these goodies but there’s no reason you shouldn’t! Plus, there is always an Irish band performing and a good selection of other snacks.
- Everyone wears green – You may not be Irish but you can deck yourself out head to toe in green. Some people even wear kilts. Looking at other’s costumes is half the fun!
- Charity – The money raised by Kiss Me I’m Irish benefits prostate cancer, an area I am passionate about. My dad had his cancer surgery a little over a year ago. He has been cancer free since and we hope it stays that way.
Bonus: You can bring your furry child. Dogs are welcome. Dog costumes are encouraged.
Bonus #2: You can save 10% on registration if you use my code EspressoKiss at checkout.