I’m heading into taper time. The marathon is less than a week away. How am I getting ready?
Well, I’m making a list and checking it twice. I want to have everything set so all I have to do is get up, eat, and run. And run. And run some more.
- I need to finalize my route. I need about 10 more miles from the route I’ve been doing for long runs.
- Deciding on which clothes and shoes to wear. Gotta be comfy for 26+ miles!
- Picking out my fuel and freezing the gels the day before and prepping two waterbottles with Skratch.
- Slowing down. Like in life, not running. This week will be filled with short, easy runs and sitting my butt on the couch.
- Trying to shovel in more carbs. Although I probably eat more than enough already.
- Filing up my playlist with enough podcasts to get me through! I’ve got a list of a few new to me pods I want to start from the beggining!
- Oh yes, charging all the things.
- And finally… sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep. If my dog lets me.